Interior lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eli weldon

Reaction score
So recently I’ve noticed none of the interior lights in my 96 C1500 stopped working altogether (dome light, lights in the footwell, glovebox light). I highly doubt all the bulbs went out at once, and I have replaced them all with LEDs within the past year. I checked the fuses and they seem to be fine. The dome override switch didn’t work either. And ideas on what’s wrong?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do they come on if you roll the dimmer wheel on the headlight switch all the way up to the top position? If so, my guess is bad plunger switches on one or more doors. If not, my guess is a bad headlight switch.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power going in doesn't necessarily mean power going out. If I were you I'd swap headlight switches and see where that gets you.

eli weldon

Reaction score
I tried getting a new headlight switch, that didn’t work either lol. I may try replacing the plunger switches but I wouldn’t think that they both crap out at the same time. If that doesn’t work my guess would maybe be something wrong with the wiring.