Interior interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, new here and looking for information on a truck ive had for many years. I have made some minor changes to the truck and would like to really get into it now as im retired and have a little extra time to do so. It is a 1998 reg cab short bed. 4.3 automatic. What i am looking to do is finish th e interior. I have added bucket seats and console and need to add. A headliner b pillar mouldings and rear cab tri/ carpet. My queation is, what years should i be looking for these parts. I recently put new tires on 235/75-15 not thinking i would be lowering it. I want to do that now so i need to know what drop is suggested so i can still use these tirea and wheels for now. I was thinking a 3/5 for not. I will post that in a different section i guess. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

You must be registered for see images attach

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some additional pictures.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Headliner can come out of pretty much any 88-98 regular cab, but finding a good used one? Tricky. Just have yours re-covered or read up on DIY'ing it - it's not hard but there's a couple gotchas; pretty sure there are posts here detailing the process.

B pillar plastics you'll want from 96-up to retain the slot for the adjustable shoulder belt mount point. The rear windshield upper and lower pieces are tough to find unbroken, especially the upper. Everyone breaks the upper one trying to remove it as they don't realize it has fingers that interlock with the B pillars, and you remove the B pillars first by removing screws then popping the clips out from the bottom then hinge them outwards from the rear windshield upper plastic. The lower plastic you pop out from the bottom first then carefully pop it up to get the top row of clips loose.

Rear panel carpet can come from any year but pre-96 the shade of gray is lighter and it's kinda obvious, if that matters to you. Same applies to the headliner, visors, etc. the earlier style interior fabrics are lighter gray.

Richard

Last edited:

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The headliner that in there now is just a piece of peg board wrapped in vinyl. Im going to search the local yard if they will allow it (lazy people at local yard say they dont have any of those vehicles when one dozen are aetting in plain sight)
Also put wanted on FB marketplace so we will see what happens.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
LMC truck has a few things you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC truck has a few things you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got really lucky. I put an add up on Facebook marketplace in my area looking for parts. A man locally said he was going to Alabama this weekend and he had a truck there he was parting out. Sure enough he messaged me and sent pictures of everything. He pulled everything for me. headliner, upper and lower rear trim with carpet, A and B pillar moldings, headlight switch, tool box behind the seat. Basically everything i needed and more. Cant wait til he gets back and i can get the parts. I will be recovering the headlined and doing my visor at the same time. I will be dying the panels from what appears tan to my gray color. I will be stoked getting my interior complete.