Interior Handle-which one?

Discussion in 'OEM and Custom Interiors' started by Dariusz Salomon, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Dariusz Salomon

Dariusz Salomon OBS Enthusiast

Like I said at the beggining of the post-getting a part from rockauto aint a big problem-they ship with reasonable shipping cost. But I also stated that atm im bit strapped on funds. I may go dorman for the time being unless somebody has better suggestion-if u click on the link I posted it takes you to rockauto and there are at least 4 or 5 different companies of which 3 I had no experience with. Hence my post. Dorman has mixed reviews even among you guys responding to my thread but other handles rockauto sales are even cheaper so not sure if they're worth the hasle.

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  2. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

When in doubt, stick with OEM. I'm not sure why you'd want to spend money on the same part twice.

3. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS Specializes in Accessories 101

I haven't had an issue with my chrome Dorman handles on my 98, and I've had them for about two years now. I also always recommend 1A Auto's stuff, from what I've ordered from them, I haven't been disappointed.

4. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

If we're talking the later interior, I was told a long time ago that the aftermarket interior handles are just as bad as the oem.

I think I went with Dorman and its fine.

5. Dariusz Salomon

Dariusz Salomon OBS Enthusiast

Dorman it is then-thanks for your input

6. Bob Richards

Bob Richards Newbie

Yes I agree ome really only way to go but for those that can’t just get factory or dealer parts due to price I’m mearly suggested chromed interior door handles like that in my gmt400 Escalade which is a year 2000 officially thee last year of the gmt400 gen! And so looking for that part would be 98-00 as Denali an Escalade had them.

7. Caman96

Caman96 OBS Enthusiast

My passenger door is acting up a bit. When you pull handle, nothing, to then pull again it works. Is it typically the handle assembly or maybe something else inside I should check first? I’m guessing it’s the assembly.

8. industrialfish

industrialfish Newbie

My drivers side is the exact same way. I figured it needs something lubed up inside.

9. 858895Chevy

858895Chevy Newbie

I’m original owner 1995 K1500 PU. Replaced driver inside door handle 3 times. First time used genuine GM. Last 2 times used Dorman. No difference in quality between the 2. It is a poorly designed handle and well known failure point for these trucks.

10. Edward Case

Edward Case Newbie

Make sure your doors are not sagging before you use the handles much.