Interior Handle-which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP is in the UK so no junk yards with Chevy trucks in them! Thankfully the internet has made having an American vehicle a bit easier since parts can be ordered from here--it's the shipping fees that'll make it expensive.
Thank you all-like HotBurb pointed out no junkyards with chevys here lol. I'll work something out.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I’ve not yet nor hope to have to replace my interior door handles but I do have a theory of what handle would be best and long lasting plus give a great look! The chromed ones from Escalade or Denali mine have 250k on them and I’m just now needing to thigh ten up other pieces that move to unlatch door to open and I think the chrome gives handle extra strength over regular gray handles do to more is involved to make them ive seen regular ones break but never chrome ones and I can only figure if they have was due to not fixing other parts of latching system

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve not yet nor hope to have to replace my interior door handles but I do have a theory of what handle would be best and long lasting plus give a great look! The chromed ones from Escalade or Denali mine have 250k on them and I’m just now needing to thigh ten up other pieces that move to unlatch door to open and I think the chrome gives handle extra strength over regular gray handles do to more is involved to make them ive seen regular ones break but never chrome ones and I can only figure if they have was due to not fixing other parts of latching system
U may be onto something-I will try to find one on ebay and if not I may go for a cheapie and strengthen it myself if there's a space to put a bit of metal over the plastic.

drumsdaddy

Reaction score
My '88 handle broke on me as well. I went to LMC and bought the assembly but found out the remanufactured was overall 1/8" shorter. I took it back and the owner of LMC just happened to be there. Showed her the problem and she refunded all my money back with an apology.

Went on ebay (hated to) and found a used one. Used the parts I needed and it works good.

Good luck!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah my dad had a 99 burb off the lot and his front driver handle broke 2x over the course of the truck but them chrome ones you can just feel the difference in it that it’s just better nothing against the regular ones just being honest about it and they look way better imo

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah dorman is the Gm brand for a lot of parts but the chrome ones look and feel high end just be careful during summer they get hot and can burn a lil just like in Cadillac era cars sts/dts same type of chrome handle but shapes are different

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP is in the UK so no junk yards with Chevy trucks in them! Thankfully the internet has made having an American vehicle a bit easier since parts can be ordered from here--it's the shipping fees that'll make it expensive.

ha, my bad, I didn't even noticed the op's origin.

maybe someone would be willing to ship them some oem rear door handles? at least then it would be better quality.

also, if you dont need the plastic cup, get just the actual handle & install it on your cup. smaller part & less weight equals cheaper shipping.

Last edited: