Interior Handle-which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all. My driver's side interior handle gave up and need to buy replacement. Normally I would go with original GM but since I've been on furlough for 5 months and have just returned to work I'm bit straped on funds so I'm leaning towards cheaper one for now-just so it operates. When I get better on money I will go GM but need temporary fix. I found few on rockauto-Needa,Ultra Power,Various MFR,ACI.
Do any of you use above brands handles or had any experience with them? Advice please. Thanks in advance-below i attach link to the rockauto website so u can see what's on offer.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...l+v8,1353721,interior,inside+door+handle,1288

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paint isn't as durable as the gm stuff on the outdoor handles, so not quite as good as oem, but not terrible either.
The Dorman outside handle I put on my 88 wasn't exactly the same size and the lock cylinder was a little sloppy but I shimmed it and got it to work. It's OK now.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Dorman outside handle I put on my 88 wasn't exactly the same size and the lock cylinder was a little sloppy but I shimmed it and got it to work. It's OK now.
Thanks for it tho I'm on about interior handle-I read some amazon reviews and they weren't brilliant but I take these reviews with a pinch of a salt.

wfyehl

Reaction score
I would agree with mars2878. I have purchased the Doorman interior handles, and they broke before the warranty. I returned them and looked for 4-door SUVs to pull the rear handles - not used as often. Since I've owned my 1996 Suburban for ~18 years, I've replaced the driver handle ~4 times now - I must pull too hard).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
OP is in the UK so no junk yards with Chevy trucks in them! Thankfully the internet has made having an American vehicle a bit easier since parts can be ordered from here--it's the shipping fees that'll make it expensive.