Interior door handle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the inside handle staying out could be a handle spring issue.
Because the OP says the door won't stay shut when the handle is out, I am guessing a bind or lack of lube
in the latch or rods. The handle spring may be fine but not strong enough to overcome a bind.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Before you open that inner panel, pick up a couple of these. Harbor Freight & other places like have them. Cheap. $10.00 ea?
At least 5", 6" works better. Ones made for picking up glass. Not the 'dent puller' ones.
One on either side of the glass right at the bottom so that they're bumping up against the body. They'll keep the glass from just dropping when you get that panel off. Holds the glass up & out of your way when working in there too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Hey guys! So on my 92, when I pull the door handle to open, the handle doesn’t snap back like the passenger side does, it just stays put until I push it back which is annoying because the door won’t shut unless the handle is fully in the closed position. Do I have to replace the whole thing or is there a spring somewhere that’s busted?
If you need the spring for the inside door handle, I just replaced all of my OEM interior door handles (springs were fine, the handles started stretching) and can ship you a couple springs if needed along with a few rivets. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you open that inner panel, pick up a couple of these. Harbor Freight & other places like have them. Cheap. $10.00 ea?
At least 5", 6" works better. Ones made for picking up glass. Not the 'dent puller' ones.
One on either side of the glass right at the bottom so that they're bumping up against the body. They'll keep the glass from just dropping when you get that panel off. Holds the glass up & out of your way when working in there too.

You must be registered for see images attach
2" masking tape will do the same over the top of the door frame.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t been on the forum lately. I attempted to replace the unit last month but for some reason... can’t remember why... I gave up lol it’s not a big deal just annoying