Interior Blue Dye Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the paint code for the GM blue interior?
I am having the hardest time trying to find the same blue to match the dash board...
Its the same blue almost every chevy truck had from 1988 to 1993.
Atatched is a picture for reference

Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 88-93 blue is about the same as 95 blue, I can tell you that SEM #15043 Shadow Blue is pretty close.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Most body-shop suppliers can custom mix SEM dye to match in the color of your choice in pints, quarts, gallons or in aerosol cans. Usually for the same price as the off-the-shelf pre-made aerosols.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Its not shadow blue but is the closest to the premixed cans of SEM paint

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most body-shop suppliers can custom mix SEM dye to match in the color of your choice in pints, quarts, gallons or in aerosol cans. Usually for the same price as the off-the-shelf pre-made aerosols.
^^^ This, A bodyshop paint jobber Can mix and load the proper color in a spray can. The interior trim color is on the Rpo tag in the glove box if you can still read it. Most jobbers still have some color charts that will have the trim colors so you can look at them as well.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ This, A bodyshop paint jobber Can mix and load the proper color in a spray can. The interior trim color is on the Rpo tag in the glove box if you can still read it. Most jobbers still have some color charts that will have the trim colors so you can look at them as well.
I can read my tag...any idea what part it is?
Thx

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can read my tag...any idea what part it is?
Thx
Usually on the last row to the far right of the paint code. Usually a 2 digit number followed by a letter.

In this case(a newer style tag) it would be 52d. You can see its also repeated in the last row of regular rpo codes.

Last edited:

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually on the last row to the far right of the paint code. Usually a 2 digit number followed by a letter.

In this case(a newer style tag) it would be 52d. You can see its also repeated in the last row of regular rpo codes.

Thank you... It looks like 24d for mine!@

gary locklin

Reaction score
Does anyone know of the paint code for the GM blue interior?
I am having the hardest time trying to find the same blue to match the dash board...
Its the same blue almost every chevy truck had from 1988 to 1993.
Atatched is a picture for reference

Thanks

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
24d is right. I have a Silverado and the dash is diffferent from the plastic on the door panels and I think theres 5 shades of blue in there. I used this a lot over the years and its good on the armrests but a shade off on the dash. I used it to color my speaker grilles and it was ok.