Interesting findings in my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AgentYager

Reaction score
So apparently my bored out 350 turns out to be a 305 which is most likely stock. The only thing I can find on the engine without removing anything is this.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did some googling and everything points to a 305, even if it is, I'm not too worried about it but why lie about what the truck has in it? If anything I can always throw the 327/400 I have been saving for something like this. I have to get the code off of that engine again and see if it will even bolt to this 5LM60. Probably not even a damn G80 rear or 3.42's in the back either.

AgentYager

Reaction score
I went out and looked again, I found another stamp which says 638 on the front of the block so now I'm just lost, which is it? lol, I think I need another beer.

Tomorrow I will attempt to get my rear on top of the motor and work on getting a pic of the back of the motor to find some more info.

AgentYager

Reaction score
Yeah, the vin is a K which normally would be a 350 but the twit i bought it from said it has been "bored out" which for 306k miles on it, it doesn't leak a damn thing and it run decent except for the code 43 issue. When I brought the truck home for the first time, the clutch wouldn't work and further inspection showed that the engine and transmission was never properly bolted together. They were sitting about a half of an inch apart which is why the clutch didn't work.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

87-88

Car & Truck 2-bolt Passenger stick 1-piece seal

87-95

Car & Truck 2 & 4-bolt Passenger stick 1-piece seal
the actual casting number is on the lip of the engine that the bellhousing bolts to that's the really only for sure way to know what it is and only way to tell .30 over is pull heads usually easy to tell if its a .30 (if its running in a vehicle) is its a hell of a lot snappier then a stock 350

AgentYager

Reaction score
It surely wants to go but I'm assuming is retarding the timing when I attempt to smash the throttle even half way. So haven't gotten a chance to look on the deck of theon the block to see what the number is. Here's hoping it's actually a 5.7.

AgentYager

Reaction score
So it is confirmed, it is fact a 305 of some sort.

AgentYager

Reaction score
If anything, if It doesn't suit my needs, I have this to put in it.