Interesting Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
Guess its something you don't see everyday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ad says its a Classy Chassis....has dual sunroofs...and...that front end tilts forward.

Price is $18,900 :popcorn:
I just vomited in my mouth!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least if the roll bar is done right, it'll give the cab some of the strength back from chopping the top off...
See that seam in the rollbar and the lack of any triangulation? It's not done right. That's some weak garbage. I'll bet that tubing is .065" thickness at best. It's also too close to their heads. In a bad rear impact your head is going to bounce off the inside of that hoop.

I'll bet somebody rolled that truck and figured cutting the top completely off would be a good way to salvage the cab. Probably asking $70k for it, too.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
See that seam in the rollbar and the lack of any triangulation? It's not done right. That's some weak garbage. I'll bet that tubing is .065" thickness at best. It's also too close to their heads. In a bad rear impact your head is going to bounce off the inside of that hoop.

I'll bet somebody rolled that truck and figured cutting the top completely off would be a good way to salvage the cab. Probably asking $70k for it, too.
I see that, now that you point it out....
Lord knows what some folks are using for brains.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lord knows what some folks are using for brains.
You assume they're using them. That tubing is big and goofy, so you know that bar is for show. Smaller cars can get away with 1.5" tubing, but for anything bigger than a Miata you really want 1.75" x .120" tubing. SCORE specs 2" x .120" tubing for anything over 4000 lbs (according to their 2017 rulebook).

I know I've preached it before, but here are some things to remember about rollbars:
A rollbar is not your friend! You don't want to be near it. It will cleave your helmet, skull, and brain in a wreck. Most race series say your head can't come within 3" of the cage.
The rollbar's purpose is to keep everything else away from you.
A rollbar can only be as strong as the tubing it's made from.
Rollbar tubing is only as strong as the seam. ERW can be used, but special attention has to be paid to seam placement or it can split open in a wreck. Just buy DOM instead.
No splices! Every piece of tubing needs to be contiguous.
Triangulation is strong, parallelograms are weak.
Think about triangulation in 3D, not just 2D. A triangulated rollbar is worthless if there's nothing to keep it perpendicular to the floorpan.
A rollbar with no spreader plates is just an oversized hole punch.