Intercooler install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uploaded the wrong kit. This is the one I ended up going with

You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seconding the TruCool M7B. (Not sure about the H7B in the above Amazon link, though) The M7B is exactly the same as the factory AUX cooler, just taller. You can even install them with slightly trimmed factory mounting brackets. I put one in my red truck when I did the 4L80E swap.

EDIT - They're manufactured by Long Inc, who also make the B&M/Holley coolers AND the factory AUX coolers that came on these trucks.

I suspected the Holley and TruCool were from the same source. Didn't know they made the GM coolers! The factory coolers are very well built. I've always wondered if the factory coolers were LPD.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uploaded the wrong kit. This is the one I ended up going with

Not picking on you, but I still be skeptical of them thar' parts. Keep close track on how they wear. These trucks are hard on upper BJ's, and that is always a good reference point and easy to check every so often.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Seconding the TruCool M7B. (Not sure about the H7B in the above Amazon link, though) The M7B is exactly the same as the factory AUX cooler, just taller. You can even install them with slightly trimmed factory mounting brackets. I put one in my red truck when I did the 4L80E swap.

EDIT - They're manufactured by Long Inc, who also make the B&M/Holley coolers AND the factory AUX coolers that came on these trucks.

The link was SUPPOSED to be for the M7B:doh2:

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're not very hard on a pretty much stationary vehicle. I'm too much of a perfectionist to be driving around in anything that i'm not 100% confident that it could drive cross country without any mechanical issues. I've had it since January and put less than 200 miles on it

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You do mean M7B, not MB7 right? Just making sure we're talking about the same model.

Here's an Amazon link to the M7B I have on my red truck.

https://www.amazon.com/Tru-Cool-M7B-ENGINE-OIL-COOLER/dp/B003TQ7WDA

EDIT - Just Googled and there is no TruCool MB7 so I'm sure we're talking about the same one.

Yes we are talking about the same cooler. Evidently not only could I not get the correct link posted I can not type numbers and letters in the correct order. M7B

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes we are talking about the same cooler. Evidently not only could I not get the correct link posted I can not type numbers and letters in the correct order. M7B

No worries, we all have those days!