Intake swap thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Throttle cam
You must be registered for see images attach

Marine T-Map fits. I may potentially use this instead of the MAF for the IAT readings. The MAP and IAT sensors are identical values to the L31. T-Map has a nice press fit with an oiled o-ring on it. To me it makes more sense to pull the intake air temp values as close to the cylinders as I can.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems a little more complex than a progressive linkage or that lame ass lip GM saw fit to install stock on the throttle blades of all but the 454.
Would doing it that way better suit cruise control - being more linear?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, was trying to figure out seller or name. Was not finding it by just general search for sbc efi intake manifold
Maybe I'm not following but it appears he listed the actual auction in post #2. They're currently sold out, but that's where it came from.

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to be building a compressor relocation bracket.

My bracket will not be this ornate. Just two pieces of bar stock with 4 holes in each.

That mockup bracket was given to me by someone that had tall valve covers and had built pieces of bar stock to mount the rear of the compressor to the center 4 holes on the bracket.

Masterb4tes

Reaction score
And here I was considering going to the Pro-Flo intake instead of simply upgrading my spider injectors. Then I stumble across this nugget of thread. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would doing it that way better suit cruise control - being more linear?

That, the factory lip, or a progressive linkage all accomplish the same thing. It makes way more sense to have it on a 92mm throttle though vs a smaller 78mm, but I do wonder what the total throttle area is on it. Also a bit ironic that they bothered to flatten that throttle shaft when they cast a ski jump into the housing.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m wondering why you didn’t go with a single plane efi intake. I got a spectre 90 to 4” adapter for my bbc and ported,plugged and filled the stock aluminum bottom for now with vortec ported bowtie heads. I’ve been waiting a year for fast to release their crank trigger and I have used a MSD dual sync distributor as there is an interface with the cap and wires. I’m hoping for close to 400/400 for hp and torque. I plan on using the stock a/c ps pump bracket and it appears that it will need trimming for the tall valve covers has anyone else done this?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m wondering why you didn’t go with a single plane efi intake. I got a spectre 90 to 4” adapter for my bbc and ported,plugged and filled the stock aluminum bottom for now with vortec ported bowtie heads. I’ve been waiting a year for fast to release their crank trigger and I have used a MSD dual sync distributor as there is an interface with the cap and wires. I’m hoping for close to 400/400 for hp and torque. I plan on using the stock a/c ps pump bracket and it appears that it will need trimming for the tall valve covers has anyone else done this?
I had to trim the ac bracket on a bbc slightly to clear slightly taller valve covers in my application. Depends on which exact valve covers used