Intake Gasket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone suggested a silicone cap, maybe that’s an option.

Might have been me you're thinking of. I put a 5/8" silicone cap on that port in my Suburban about a year or so ago now, still holding strong. You can find them on eBay or McMaster-Carr.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might have been me you're thinking of. I put a 5/8" silicone cap on that port in my Suburban about a year or so ago now, still holding strong. You can find them on eBay or McMaster-Carr.

Yep, you had mentioned it a few months ago but I drew a blank. Thanks for chiming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks gents, done and done. I think the biggest pia of the day was the quick connect.

Bonus job was finding that cowl screw leak when I did the heater core, the underside of the carpet was pretty wet.

She runs great again, hope the new injectors boost the mpgs a bit

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Felpro MS93317 is what you are looking for.. there is no permadry style gasket for the intake that I've seen. But the above is the regular part number
The important/special thing with the TBI intake gasket is that the rear passage is almost completely blocked off.
You must be registered for see images

Markus

Reaction score
Great write up. I've done this twice on my truck. Once at 190K with felpro and another time at 235k with Victor Reinz gaskets. So far it's been good i am right at 256k

-M

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know the difference between the FelPro MS98000T and the MIK98000T? In particular the upper manifold gasket. Looking at the two pictures, they seem different. Other than that, the MIK includes bolts and additional gaskets.

FelPro MS98000T
FelPro MIK98000T

I'm asking because the MIK98000T is just a hair cheaper than the MS98000T at RockAuto

thx,
andy

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like they both fit, the MIK one has the EGR gasket, maybe the distributor gasket, a couple more that I don’t recognize and (to me more importantly) new manifold bolts. Between the two, that would be the one that I would get.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up...thanks. My 96 2500 just started this. Well, pouring anyway. I'd been loosing coolant forever but could never find a leak. So the valve covers have to come off too? Man, I really don't want to tackle this since I have no garage. Probably would't fit in a standard garage anyway...it's pretty dang long!

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody know the difference between the FelPro MS98000T and the MIK98000T? In particular the upper manifold gasket. Looking at the two pictures, they seem different. Other than that, the MIK includes bolts and additional gaskets.

FelPro MS98000T
FelPro MIK98000T

I'm asking because the MIK98000T is just a hair cheaper than the MS98000T at RockAuto

thx,
andy
I thought the same thing and MIK98000T comes with bolts too!