Intake gasket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen maybe 3 vortecs with the electric air pumps.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering, figured they were electric like some of the other later model stuff. Finding original GM info on it is difficult. If you look one up on a GM parts site, it's a line drawing in the diagram, but otherwise not mentioned at all. Obsolete..

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I never see mentioned is sealing the bolt threads. My shop manual calls out for sealant but it's never discussed in these threads. I will have to look up the part number but the product in question functions as a sealant, threadlocker, and antisieze.
Easier and cheaper to buy Loctite/Permatex "PST" 592. Should be the IDENTICAL product to the GM part number/packaging, just in the manufacturer's branding instead of GM branding.

ANY of the Loctite/Permatex "PST" products would work. 592 is the specific one that GM uses, and it's the easiest to find at local parts stores. Amazon has it, too.
www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KKTH2/?coliid=I2C34IAJPLZFEQ&colid=2VLYZKC3HBBDO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was wondering, figured they were electric like some of the other later model stuff. Finding original GM info on it is difficult. If you look one up on a GM parts site, it's a line drawing in the diagram, but otherwise not mentioned at all. Obsolete..

Richard
WholsaleGMPartsOnline has much better diagrams. However they try to rip your head off on shipping. Even wrote them regarding why some small exhaust heat shields, plug wire brackets and plastic clips were going to cost $100 to ship to me. This diagram also just revealed to me why the Dorman PCV adapter cap has an extra vacuum port. I think the gasket in question is #9 in the top picture.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you look one up on a GM parts site, it's a line drawing in the diagram, but otherwise not mentioned at all. Obsolete..

WholsaleGMPartsOnline has much better diagrams.

Nemiga Parts Chevrolet has the best diagrams out of anywhere IMO. You can't buy anything from them, but they have complete diagrams and don't remove a part number when it's discontinued. I've used them several times to locate a discontinued part number so I could hunt down a NOS one on eBay or FB marketplace. The site is kind of a pain to navigate though.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/