Instrument Panel stepper motors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah, my lack of observation is showing...thanks for the update man.
They just responded to my email today, they will be back in stock around July 15 says jenni from digital dash solutions

Very cool! I got mine from them directly. While the old one was doing its fluttering & dancing, if it stopped, it would stop on "Full", even though I knew the tank wasn't. I'd hoped that fixing the gauge would cure that problem as well, but it hasn't. Now the gauge sits on "Full" all of the time. I even bought a used instrument cluster on eBay to see if that would make any difference, figuring I could resell that cluster on eBay or sell my old one once the gauge problem was sorted out, but it stays on "Full" as well. Now I suspect that it's the sender in the tank. Until I can get around to having it replaced with one of those fuel pump/sender modules, I'm relying on the trip odometer to tell when I need to fill up. By the way, the gauge in the eBay cluster wiggled a bit when I test drove around with that cluster installed. The odometer in that cluster reads 187K+ miles, very close to the reading on my original one, not that it seems to make any difference, as those fuel gauges seem to go wacky at varying ages and mileage.

Reaction score
I had installed a new fuel level sender when I replaced the tank. I removed the pump and didn't run any power to it, just the two leads to the sender. Wasn't sure it would even work that way, but it did.10 gallons in it and it showed a 1/4 tank. Worked for awhile, but when I switched to the diesel instrument cluster it pegged out at way over full a few days later and has been that way ever since.