Instrument Panel stepper motors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyman29

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm fairly new here and could use a bit of help.I can't seem to find an exact part number for stepper motors for the instrument panel, particularly the gas gauge. I have a 98 Silverado, Automatic, 4x4 shift on the floor with the 5.7 V8. Gas gauge has been "vibrating" for quite some time and recently started fluttering about, any help on tracking down part # for those motors would be appreciated, GM dealers dont seem to want to help if its not newer than 2002, thanks!

Matt

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will say that the sticky doesn't always work. I literally have a stepper motor that I soaked in oil and I still have the issue. I would like a new motor and be done with it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good find! But Holy Crap! I don't know where you are, but for me to get that to my door here in Canada, that thing would cost me close to $90.00! Ouch!

Chevyman29

Reaction score
Thats encouraging, I'm in Canada as well, Manitoba. Managed to pick up a used cluster from the wrecker so will give that a shot this weekend. If not does anyone know how to set/program a new step motor? playing around with these old coil-bound motors there doesnt seem to be a stop inside -_-

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats encouraging, I'm in Canada as well, Manitoba. Managed to pick up a used cluster from the wrecker so will give that a shot this weekend. If not does anyone know how to set/program a new step motor? playing around with these old coil-bound motors there doesnt seem to be a stop inside -_-

I have a scanner that I can command a percentage on the fuel gauge. I will command 50% and stick the needle on there.