Instrument Panel Cluster Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was driving in to work early this morning and I’m pretty sure I heard a “click” and instrument panel lights went out. Just checked cluster fuse #4, It’s good. I then swapped in another good headlight switch thinking maybe switch bad, but still no go. Any ideas?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. Fuse #9 for tail lights burnt. All good :cool:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, not all good :mad:. Now, with headlight switch off, turning on left blinker the clock on radio and transmission temperature gauge blink with left turn signal. With headlight switch on, left turn signal doesn’t work. Lights front and back outside follow this pattern. I googled issue, nothing really from this site, others had many different fixes from bad grounds, bad light sockets to bad flasher relays. Anyone seen this before?
Also, right blinker is normal.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have a trailer harness start by disconnecting it during troubleshooting. It sounds like your left signal wire is shorted with the taillight wire. This could also be along the frame harness run between dash harness and rear lamp harness. It could also simply be a shorted left signal bulb where the filaments are touching, but it's rare they go that way.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a trailer harness start by disconnecting it during troubleshooting. It sounds like your left signal wire is shorted with the taillight wire. This could also be along the frame harness run between dash harness and rear lamp harness. It could also simply be a shorted left signal bulb where the filaments are touching, but it's rare they go that way.

Richard
Thanks, came across that same thought online. I trust the experts on this forum more.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lights do blink normally with headlight switch off, but as they blink so does clock on radio and transmission temperature gauge.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I found back there.
Since my truck didn’t come with trailer package it looks like a trailer T-connector(C) was added in between plugs A & B.
Second photo shows other end of T-connector(C) and something shorted cause it’s cooked!
Should I try and just plug A & B back without any worries of more shorting?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, after plugging it back in WITHOUT the T-connector everything works. The only thing not working is on remote start the running lights don’t blink twice, not sure why. I tried programming it back in to Avital remote but so far no go. I’ll keep at it.
Edit: all fixed!
:banana-mario:

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trailer harness sure got hot, wish I knew what caused it. Oh well, ordered a new Tekonsha 118315.