Instrument cluster has lost it's mind....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still chasing things and I hear you on the bad ground - thank you. There is something in the headlight switch - if I tap the leftend of the dash near the headlight switch things get goofy and the dome light dimmer is interacting with the gauges as well. Going to replace the switch and then see what I have left over to deal with. Stay tuned...

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are several grounds going down the driver side frame rail. clean every one of them, including one behind fuel hose behind fuel cap. also several at the rear tail lights behind the rear bumper. one near starter on passenger side frame rail. and i recommend adding heavy gauge ground at negative battery terminal.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there are several grounds going down the driver side frame rail. clean every one of them, including one behind fuel hose behind fuel cap. also several at the rear tail lights behind the rear bumper. one near starter on passenger side frame rail. and i recommend adding heavy gauge ground at negative battery terminal.

The ground from the negative battery terminal - I assume to the frame/chassis vs body. Thanks

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Classic! Two ground issues, one at the data port and one at the blower motor. Plugging a scan tool in would bridge the grounds and make everything work properly - until you unplugged it... My thanks to the guys at the shop who solved what I could not understand. Cheers

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got it sorted out, bad grounds can cause all sorts of funky issues.