Inline filters - HydroBoost and steering - photos.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some photos of where I installed filters in return lines for HydrBoost and steering. Filters are Edelmann 70-700 Power Steering Filter Universal Fitting.

Both filters visible.
You must be registered for see images attach

HydroBoost filter.

HydroBoost filter viewed through wheel well.

Steering filter viewed through wheel well.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason I fitted them was to prevent any bits of debris from any deterioration of the hoses finding their way into the valving. That more than metal. It's only done 45,000 miles.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The reason I fitted them was to prevent any bits of debris from any deterioration of the hoses finding their way into the valving. That more than metal. It's only done 45,000 miles.

It's a good thing to have. I just figure on a 20-something year old truck there's a lot of crap floating around.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a good thing to have. I just figure on a 20-something year old truck there's a lot of crap floating around.
Fitted them when I changed the fluid. Old fluid didn't look to be too bad but anything in it should have come out of the system in the oil.
If I was more the purist and worried about the hoses I should have changed them but filters are a half way house between the expense of that and the remedial costs of stripping a HydroBoost unit or steering box to remove a bit of rubber broken loose from a hose. Low mileage is still working for me at this point. It's only really elastomers that age deteriorate.
If either the HB or PAS do go **** up - its filter may save the other and the pump from following suit. That's quite a lot for $10 of filters and a half hour with a craft knife.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I had replaced the pump on my square at one point because it just didnt work well at idle and it was giving the wobbly wobble so bad I knew I would just be better off not having a failure lol. But When I took off that pump I got granola and the pulley turned rough. the control valve was also just clearly being sanded away and the bore of the pump was just BAD. I figured That I dont want that **** in the next pump(used off another engine but working better) so I put a magnafine or whatever in the return

Dumb ass me used fuel line accidently I Think I had it in my box of trans low pressure line /ps return line somehow, its even a ethanol rated one so I must have bought it not that long ago! Lol.. still working somehow.. I need to change it. the filter is in a ****** place that caused me to have to make a sharp bend so I used some hardware to make a 90... not ideal. BUT Better that than confetti circulating

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fitted them when I changed the fluid. Old fluid didn't look to be too bad but anything in it should have come out of the system in the oil.
If I was more the purist and worried about the hoses I should have changed them but filters are a half way house between the expense of that and the remedial costs of stripping a HydroBoost unit or steering box to remove a bit of rubber broken loose from a hose. Low mileage is still working for me at this point. It's only really elastomers that age deteriorate.
If either the HB or PAS do go **** up - its filter may save the other and the pump from following suit. That's quite a lot for $10 of filters and a half hour with a craft knife.

I was shocked to see how dirty the innards of my hydroboost were last year, that was after me purging almost a gallon through the system.