Info about GMT-400 Conversion Packages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
x2, probably just universal bed rails. Some conversions had stainless ones, some had painted ones.

Very nice conversions guys!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine's nowhere near the best example. It's a Regency Conversion.
Fully optioned C1500 StepsideView media item 32108Wood trim, including a roof console and lighting (interior was blue, I recolored it)
Bucket seats with middle jumper seat/console (replaced with Caddy seats and Ford console)
Running boards (missing, but the screw holes are there)
Silver "graphics" over white paint
15x10 Centerline Convo Pros
View media item 32337

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was in Pensacola in A school when these trucks came out. Always wanted one. There is one in a junkyard I go to, can't think of what company did it, wanna say Centurion but don't think that's right, but has a power sliding rear window. I don't have a truck, 2 tahoes/yukon's, but wanted to get one just for that lol. There was another one there that said Top Kick on the door, had big truck stuff inside, I said it was someone who wanted a big truck but couldn't get a CDL lol.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never liked these trucks, neither the outside or the wood inside.
They could be a nightmare to work on. There were alot of companies making them, few kept any records, many didn't stay in business long.
They used any paint colors they could find, sometimes mixing colors and did not keep the paint codes.
They used accessories from companies that changed styles often or went out of business. It was difficult to get parts for them even when new. One local one man shop was building trucks and vans for a local dealer. He mixed together whatever paint he could find. Used discontinued parts because he could buy them cheaper. We quit working on vehicles he had built.
Other companies such as Centurion have been around awhile, but still didn't seem concerned about repairability.
Many of the companies were based out of the Elkhart Ind area, similar skills to campper building maybe.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Half assed as in the same way the conversion companies made extended cab squarebodies. I can’t find it now, but the interior part of the ex cab floor is actually part of the bed floor, looked like a total hack job made out of a reg cab long bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Half assed as in the same way the conversion companies made extended cab squarebodies. I can’t find it now, but the interior part of the ex cab floor is actually part of the bed floor, looked like a total hack job made out of a reg cab long bed.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yup pretty much so. Seen one of those once, I was like, why'd you F up a perfectly good truck?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never liked these trucks, neither the outside or the wood inside.
They could be a nightmare to work on. There were alot of companies making them, few kept any records, many didn't stay in business long.
They used any paint colors they could find, sometimes mixing colors and did not keep the paint codes.
They used accessories from companies that changed styles often or went out of business. It was difficult to get parts for them even when new. One local one man shop was building trucks and vans for a local dealer. He mixed together whatever paint he could find. Used discontinued parts because he could buy them cheaper. We quit working on vehicles he had built.
Other companies such as Centurion have been around awhile, but still didn't seem concerned about repairability.
Many of the companies were based out of the Elkhart Ind area, similar skills to campper building maybe.
I agree that these trucks can be a nightmare if you're trying to restore them, but if you want a nicer than stock truck and you don't care about originality, they're plenty cheap to fix up. I HATED these trucks when they came out, but now that I'm older that retro-eighties thing is kinda cool.