Info about GMT-400 Conversion Packages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I cannot find much inf ok about the "conversion " trucks sold during the 1990's+/-. Any info anyone has would be awesome!
My truck is a 1992 C1500 Mark3 Edition scsb and I'm trying to gather more info about the numbers produced like this. I know there were several companies doing upgrading trucks and Van's however, many of them went out of business making info hard to located.

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/the-custom-conversion-truck-thread.42967/

Basically, most of these conversion trucks consisted of wood trim interior, side skirting (ground effects/full length fiberglass running boards), custom seats, faded paint jobs or custom paint jobs, aftermarket wheels (I think most were 15x10s on the 2WD's; a lot of the 4x4 versions used the stock 16x7 saw blades), sometimes roof visors, sometimes paint-to-match grille/bumpers/bug shields/bed rails, radar scanners, etc. the list goes on and on for them of what they could've had.

The Mark III's in particular, like the one you have, usually color matched the whole truck. Here's another Mark III, with the painted bug shield and bed rail tubes.

Of how many that were produced, I do not know.

Dylan Burow

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I like about some of those custom conversion vehicles is that some incorporate the bed rails into the tonneau.

Dylan Burow

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly mine didn’t come with such a luxury, just purple bed rails that are sitting up in the rafters of my garage because they started to rust.

Dylan Burow

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can find an ARE fiberglass tonneau like in these images I would like to reincorporate my bedrails into it if I can have a body shop do that.

Last edited: