Infamous Rear Cab Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotorJoe937

Reaction score
The start of my new project. First things first, rear cab mounts on this turd. Tired of the "broken frame" look. 96 c1500 5.7L Vortec. 2wd. Auto. 150k original miles. 2nd owner.

Had some 1/4in thick steal at work. Used a plasma cutter at work to cut out some 6x6 squares. Then later used a die grinder with a cutting wheel to fine cut my brackets out.

https://www.gmt400.com/attachments/...1/?temp_hash=db3ee279b6ac06d3cf2a8d957212b0fa

https://www.gmt400.com/attachments/...2/?temp_hash=db3ee279b6ac06d3cf2a8d957212b0fa

Ill post more to this thread to keep yall updated. Once i have the old brackets cut off, ill weld my new ones on in place. Using new bushings an bolts i ordered from LMC Truck

You must be registered for see images attach

MotorJoe937

Reaction score
As you can see, my old mounts an mount brackets are gone. Typical ohio truck. An previous owner used it for a farm truck! Hard core! But i cant complain with only having rust on the driver side rocker an cab corner as you see in the picture. Ill post pictures of my finished brackets before i weld them on the truck. Also with new bushings from LMC Truck.

MotorJoe937

Reaction score
New brackets cut an ready to be welded to the frame. Along with new bushings from LMC Truck. Also new bolts. I was able to salvage an sand blasted the bottom plates.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Wow, the trucks looks really good except for those mounts. I cleaned my frame up this summer and It only had light surface rust and the mounts are fine but I pulled out the bolts just to paint and detail and was surprised how rust had eaten at the rear bolts. I guess they hold moisture.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Even my rot free CO truck had corrosion there and in the rubbers themselves last year. My fix was a wire brush, rattle can, and junkyard fresh rubber mounts. I had an 88 back in 2000 that punched through the frame like yours.