In search of a discontinued part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockgmc

Reaction score
I am in search of the black plastic strips that are on the inside edge of the doors and close against the weatherstrips by the windshield. Any help as to where to find these would be greatly appreciated. Door seal retainer plate part #15725399. I haven’t found them in aftermarket and it looks like they were discontinued from gm in 2010.

Stockgmc

Reaction score
It is but they are almost impossible to remove without breaking them. They are held on with double sided tape and you can’t get at the tape with an exacto knife because of the small lip on them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've occasionally set up an eBay search which sends me an email whenever the search turns up a "hit". I did this most recently when trying to find 1998 K1500 front brake rotor splash guards (mine were very rusted).

You might do the same for part number you've given. A week, or month, or two or three years may go by, but you might meet with success.

Otherwise, find a junkyard donor or someone on Craig's list parting one out, so that you can doctor the old ones from the vehicle.

This is not what you wanted to hear I'm sure.

Stockgmc

Reaction score
I've occasionally set up an eBay search which sends me an email whenever the search turns up a "hit". I did this most recently when trying to find 1998 K1500 front brake rotor splash guards (mine were very rusted).

You might do the same for part number you've given. A week, or month, or two or three years may go by, but you might meet with success.

Otherwise, find a junkyard donor or someone on Craig's list parting one out, so that you can doctor the old ones from the vehicle.

This is not what you wanted to hear I'm sure.
I didn’t know eBay had that option. Thanks for the advice!