Impala control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Man I shoulda jumped on this. My friends think I'm a B-body geek... cuz I am. The good thing about the 95/6 B-bodies is you can get the heavy duty/wagon/police lower control arms with bigger ball joints. It's been so long since I've been on Impala forums that I forgot a lot, but the final generation B/C/D-car front end is based off the 2nd generation F-cars, hence why a lot of B-body guys went with the stock, fat, WS6 2nd gen swaybars upfront. So if you're really wantin B-car front arms you can probly get tubular 2nd gen F-car arms, if they're rated for the weight. Just throwing an idea out.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread has shifted in focus from the original question but... my thoughts for what they are worth

I am sure you are trying to keep your cost down by sourcing OEM parts that "work" but, there is an aftermarket kit out there that moves the wheels in. It is made by StoneFab - control arms reduce the width by 3" - they sell um for bags and coils

I think OBS Racings control arms are adjustable too

There are tons of threads on the issues with drop spindles and what they do to the width, specifically belltech...

Pro Performance in AZ sells REACT drop spindles that keep the stock position of the front wheels with drop... downside, you have to run 17" or bigger wheels....

There are options on the aftermarket but, that tech comes at a cost. Also mixing and matching makes for crazy issues too... LOL

All that said, I am still curious about the Impala Arm Rumor... would love to see someone try it....

Last edited:

foleyryan325

Reaction score
I think you might have read something about the rear axle. I know a lot of people used to swap the Impala ss rear axle because It was a little narrower.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I think you might have read something about the rear axle. I know a lot of people used to swap the Impala ss rear axle because It was a little narrower.
Not just the Impala SS. All the sedan diffs. By almost 3".
2 & 7/8"? Something like that.
When equipped with posi, the carrier is an Eaton clutch style. (Which will work in a 400's stock rear housing.)
Wagon diffs are actually wider than a 400's.
Their posi units are gov-bombs.