Im looking to level my 96 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ive been trying to find leveling kits everywhere but i cant find any that say they fit. if anyone knows where i can get one or a website that sells them, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either lower the rear 2" with a spring shackle, or crank the front end up 2" with the factory torsion keys. Aftermarket torsion keys like you see in many of the "leveling kits" are a waste of money on these trucks.

Note that cranking the keys will result in a harsher ride and accelerated wear on front end parts. I wouldn't recommend it personally.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either get 2” lowering shackles for the rear or throw 2 or 3 100lbs. sacks of sand in the rear. It rides better and makes a huge traction difference in ice. Cranking the torsion bars out of spec. throws off the geometry of the front end and makes it ride like garbage.

NYDeer

Reaction score
Ahhh great idea... Will be going this route myself.

In my CJ7, to tame the Rancho suspension, I kept a huge steel roller die from a 16" printing press behind the rear seat. Weighed just over 100 lbs. I think they make water pillows now as well for this purpose too.