Im just about fed up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Toe will cause a pull because of caster angle but not severe. Hitting brakes makes most pulls go away because its no longer free wheeling and its being drug down on both sides equally if brakes are correct. Camber is the main factor going straight and long as they are pretty close to each other wont pull. They could both be layed on at the top and still not pull but if one is at 0* and other is -4* it going to push towards the positive side

Reaction score
I think you have two issues to deal with, first you need to get it driving straight, but then I think you will have a pull to the left under braking.

First let's get the alignment squared away with slightly lower caster on the left and matching camber or just a tenth of a degree or so higher on the left. also make sure your tire pressures are even before it's aligned.
If the alignment shop can't adjust it as specified you need to ask why. There are "knock-outs" on the upper control arm mounts that need to be removed to allow camber/caster adjustment, have they been removed?

If your truck still doesn't drive straight swap your tires from side to side (pay attention to wind direction and drive on a good road with no ruts or major tilt to one side). This will rule out a radial pull. if your tires are directional you shouldn't leave them like this, they will wear out faster and won't get proper traction in wet conditions!

If you get it driving straight and find that it pulls under braking try the parking brake test that I suggested earlier, pull and hold the release handle and apply the brake lightly, if that causes a change (pulls or stops pulling) it means that one side of the rear brakes is grabbing sooner/harder than the other. This may be fixable by tightening the adjuster on the weak side or loosening the one on the strong side, but you should inspect the rear brakes to rule out leaking seals or other mechanical issues.

If it stops straight using the parking brake but pulls when using the regular brake pedal then you have one front brake grabbing harder than the other or something is shifting in the steering/suspension when you hit the brakes.

I have also seen tires cause a pull under braking, I don't really understand why. Probably similar to a radial pull where all of the radials inside the tire are not the same diameter.

Without putting my assometer in the driver's seat I can't offer much more help.
Thats been a lot of help thank you. I had some family stuff come up this morning so didn't get to the shop but I did switch the tires and checked the rear brakes and i do need the cylinders for the drums there leaking slightly so im gonna switch those out and see if it helps while I wait to go to the shop tomorrow. It must be driving straight when the brakes are applied since everything tightens up it pulls when I'm coasting and accelerating the most when the brakes are applied its much less pull so maybe the 1st shop really screwed more up then I found they had a uca bolt torqued to under 70 ft lbs so anything is possible thanks for all the ideas ill get to even if its process of elimination until the last thing I can't afford 80k for a new burb that's for sure.