IHC vs DJM 4/6" Full Lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik E

Reaction score
I've tried to search for this question with no luck. Sorry if it's been asked before..
I'm looking to upgrade my current drop on my 91' SCSB. I'm leaning towards the full control arm kits. The two I keep going back to is the full 4/6 kits from DJM & IHC. The IHC kit states it has a 3/4" narrowed track width. That and made in USA. Both sound appealing. Looking for anyone running these kit or who has installed these kits to give me some insight. Pros- Cons, good bad ugly etc... thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-100818_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-100818_Chrome.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220626-100753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-100753_Chrome.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Resized_20220621_151151(0).jpg
    Resized_20220621_151151(0).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 49

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't have your answer, but very interested in others opinions. I'm going to lower mine probably next year, needs a front suspension refresher anyway. And would probably be money ahead buying a a-arm kit instead of spindles and new a-arm as well. See who chimes in on this. But spindles seem to be the go to, not sure if it has advantages over arms.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never used (or even heard of) IHC, and all the drops I've done have been spindle and coils. BIL used DJM control arms on his square and had to return them because they weren't what he ordered. Second set arrived and worked fine. I've personally used DJM, Belltech, and MaxTrac all with good results.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've tried to search for this question with no luck. Sorry if it's been asked before..
I'm looking to upgrade my current drop on my 91' SCSB. I'm leaning towards the full control arm kits. The two I keep going back to is the full 4/6 kits from DJM & IHC. The IHC kit states it has a 3/4" narrowed track width. That and made in USA. Both sound appealing. Looking for anyone running these kit or who has installed these kits to give me some insight. Pros- Cons, good bad ugly etc... thanks in advance!!
I love your truck it looks killer.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of control arms. I have used both, i didn’t like IHC because I had fitment issues. The perfect kit would be djm arms in the front and bell tech flip in the rear.

Erik E

Reaction score
I've never used (or even heard of) IHC, and all the drops I've done have been spindle and coils. BIL used DJM control arms on his square and had to return them because they weren't what he ordered. Second set arrived and worked fine. I've personally used DJM, Belltech, and MaxTrac all with good results.
Yeah I haven't heard much about IHC but they sound promising so I thought I would put it out there to see if anyone has been using them. Thanks for the reply.

Erik E

Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of control arms. I have used both, i didn’t like IHC because I had fitment issues. The perfect kit would be djm arms in the front and belltech flip in the rear.
I agree that control arms will take care of a lot of issues all at once. Can you let me know what you don't like about the DJM rear drop kit? I've installed the Belltech flip kit & 4" shackle drops but never DJM kits. Looking for input.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The djm has a top plate to adjust pinion angle and the the bolts are prone to Coming loose. You can fine tune the pinion then weld the axle to the saddle in the very end if you have the ability.