Ignitions modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
I'd have to look for sure but I have, I think, 3 GM (TBI) ignition modules and one or two aftermarket modules that I will no longer need.

These were pulled from the treasure yard when I has having all my module trouble, which turned out to be an Accel coil problem.

$50 for all plus the ride via USPS which I think will be around $9 or $10. Thanks for looking!

Ken

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I put in a new Ignition control module in a 1990 C2500 do I have to reprogram the truck
You do not have to reprogram. The ignition module sends info to the ECM, and has the timing advance controlled by the ECM, but there's no programming involved.

There's an enormous long thread on another forum that talks about ignition modules, "latency time" and electronic timing advance stuff, and discusses how the ignition timing changes based on which module is installed. I'm very skeptical.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
LOL I don't remember if I tossed these or not. Let me take a look and I'll get post here.

Ken