If it were your truck ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is some info on the 90s SS 454 Silverados. And a 90 for sale for $13000. In 1990, the only color the SS 454 came in was onyx black. http://www.chevytruckworld.com/ew/forums/topic.asp?id=66518&pos=2
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Im aware of your findings Kenny. I paid $15k for it about 6-7 months ago, from the guy who painted it and also did all the body mods, it was a complete color change, which I liked very much as you can tell. he says he would charge about $10K for another one so theres that and its straight as an arrow, interior was sort of done. Since than I have tied up many of the little things that weren't finished plus mechanical problems also. Also had more suspension work done to get it lower and done correctly which as you know isn't CHEAP. Had the original seats rehabbed too. I have a few things left I want like the rear disc conversion ( which is this week), and new steering wheel and hopefully the Dakota Digital Gauge pod eventually. That will conclude my wish list minus a motor and that's the reason for this post in the first place. Don't think that will happen as I stated earlier.
Im old enough to know that cars are a bad investment (most of the time) but these trucks are making a pretty strong comeback, it is a real SS454 BTW so even being in a non original state I think it will bring close to what I have in it, but In the end who cares, Im enjoying the heck out of the project and that means everything.
Thanks
Bobby V

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And thats is what is important. That you enjoy the truck. If its worth that to you, that is all that matters. The value of all GMT 400 is going up, little by little every day, as long as they are in good condition, and your is of course. I just want to give you some info on them. I wasnt sure if you were aware of.