Idler/Pitman Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Proforged Idler and Pitman arms installed this past summer. Anyone know of any aftermarket bushings that don’t disintegrate in 3 months? Also, how bad is this on part’s without functional bushing?
You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just the rubber seal, right? Really depends on how long the part has been sitting on the shelf. Of course, if it was never good quality rubber to begin with, really no chance of it lasting. (This speaks to the manufacturer.) For any part with a rubber seal, I lubricate the rubber seal with Shin-Etsu silicone grease before installing. Helps increase the longevity of the rubber.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(This speaks to the manufacturer.)
I’ve tried the last few days to contact Proforged, since Holley owns them, that’s who you call. I’ve tried 2 straight days and all you get is endless, hideous guitar playing. They don’t pick up the phone. Period! Good call on the rubber seal, although at least for those seals, the ship has sailed and sunk. I talked with a tech at Cognito and he said it’s very common and I might try and find some polyurethane or delrin bushings.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i replaced the lower control arms on my 06 impala a few years ago,,, ball joint seals fail fast, any "rubber" product I get thats made in china smells like used motor oil, total junk. (i'm assuming your parts were)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i replaced the lower control arms on my 06 impala a few years ago,,, ball joint seals fail fast, any "rubber" product I get thats made in china smells like used motor oil, total junk. (i'm assuming your parts were)
Proforged/Taiwan-a step above China typically. I don’t think any idler or pitman arms are US made except Kryptonite. :(