Idler Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks , yours looks different than mine, this is the one I'm looking at (7 star review)

You must be registered for see images attach

Moog K6483T

It looks different because his has three bolt holes. Your inline two bolt straight shaft is the original replacement. That was the early style. Later they came out with the three spread bolt style which was a new design because the two bolt wore out. I d8nt know what year they changed the design. My 1989 has the two bolt idler. I don’t see why you can’t drill new holes and install a three bolt style. There is room to put nuts in the frame for bolts. Or put bolts in through the frame and weld up the bolt heads. You can always use rivnuts also.

Last edited:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
There is no guarantee that you will get the alignment right if you drill new holes. Someone posted on here the part number from a lift kit that has a 2 bolt to 3 bolt conversion bracket

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks different because his has three bolt holes. Your inline two bolt straight shaft is the original replacement. That was the early style. Later they came out with the three spread bolt style which was a new design because the two bolt wore out. I d8nt know what year they changed the design. My 1989 has the two bolt idler. I don’t see why you can’t drill new holes and install a three bolt style. There is room to put nuts in the frame for bolts. Or put bolts in through the frame and weld up the bolt heads. You can always use rivnuts also.

Mine is 110k original, so it probably due anyways, I'll go with a heavy duty replacement with the grease fitting on the side instead of the original one with the fitting on the bottom, I'll let you all know how it works out when I get it....

Doug in P.R.