Idea for Forum Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, one of my favorite forum features is that little grey dot that you see next to the thread title while browsing the subforums. Clicking on that dot takes me to the first new post in that thread since my last visit, and it's a great way to jump straight to wherever I left off last time I was here.

But at only 8 pixels tall & wide, that little button is awfully small, which makes it hard to click on sometimes. Meanwhile, there's a big ol' avatar next to it (36 x 36 pixels), which provides a link to the thread starter's profile. Does anybody use that? I can't think of a situation in which I would have need to visit their profile without actually reading their thread first.

Frankly, I would much rather have a large, easily-clickable "go to first unread message" button/link. I checked to see if the forum had any alternate themes that would be easier to use, but the "style chooser" near the bottom of the page only seems to change the color scheme.

I don't know how inherent this button arrangement is to the forum software, or what it would take to change it. But if there's any chance that it could be changed, I would be forever grateful.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So, one of my favorite forum features is that little grey dot that you see next to the thread title while browsing the subforums. Clicking on that dot takes me to the first new post in that thread since my last visit, and it's a great way to jump straight to wherever I left off last time I was here.

But at only 8 pixels tall & wide, that little button is awfully small, which makes it hard to click on sometimes. Meanwhile, there's a big ol' avatar next to it (36 x 36 pixels), which provides a link to the thread starter's profile. Does anybody use that? I can't think of a situation in which I would have need to visit their profile without actually reading their thread first.

Frankly, I would much rather have a large, easily-clickable "go to first unread message" button/link. I checked to see if the forum had any alternate themes that would be easier to use, but the "style chooser" near the bottom of the page only seems to change the color scheme.

I don't know how inherent this button arrangement is to the forum software, or what it would take to change it. But if there's any chance that it could be changed, I would be forever grateful.

You must be registered for see images attach

I completely agree.