I think its time for new ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
What's the difference between ac delco oem vs moog prob solv?
I think the Moog has a different internal allowing the grease to get to the ball surfaces better and a lifetime warranty. I think the Delco ones are tried and true with standard manufacturing like all ball joints have been but I don't think they have a lifetime warranty. I think the Delco might cost more. But honestly, I didn't verify that.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I used. I just used the harbor freight version. Sad thing is, the same one at eastwood is only $50. Wish I knew that before I went to harbor and re bought mine. Couldn't find my first one and bought another. Then was at Eastwood last Friday and saw how cheap they were for the exact same kit.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
A coil spring's first job is to remove your head from your shoulders. Don't give it the chance. They're sneaky. I always expect the spring compressor to break. I like to run my longest 3/8 extension down through the frame where the shock mounts and through the hole in the lower control arm. A chain works too. That way when the spring goes SPROING it won't get too far.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A coil spring's first job is to remove your head from your shoulders. Don't give it the chance. They're sneaky. I always expect the spring compressor to break. I like to run my longest 3/8 extension down through the frame where the shock mounts and through the hole in the lower control arm. A chain works too. That way when the spring goes SPROING it won't get too far.

If the jack is under the shock the spring is held in place ? Also with the shock left in it can't get out am I right ?