i think i wanna lower my truck, what's it gonna take?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
so ive got a 99 C2500 RCLB (old body style, 8-lug) that needs an attitude adjustment and i think i want to lower it. i'm thinking something like 3/6" but i have no idea at all what it would take to make that happen. i've always had lifted 4x4s, i'm a rock crawler, i decided not to SAS this truck and stuff 42s under it because it would cost less and be down less time if i dropped it. although the thought still enters my mind sometimes...

so if i were to drop my truck 3" in the front and 6" in the rear what would it take parts/cost wise?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For that drop I would suggest 3in. drop spindles in the front, and a flip kit in the back with small c-notch's, and some good drop shock's all the way around, either DJM or Belltech, it should ride and handle great!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
what about drop lca's? less trouble with faulty casts(unless you like grinding) that often plague drop spindles.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
a lot of the spindles ive seen specify that theyre for a 6 lug truck, in fact i havent seen one at all that specifies its for an 8 lug 3/4 ton. or are my spindles the same as a C3500? if so i could just order parts for a 1 ton.

the rear flip kit seems pretty straight forward. pull the bed, cut the frame and weld in the notch unbolt the springs, bolt it all back together with them on the wrong side of the axle, lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
haha yeah, make sure to keep your pinion angle correct, or you'll be going thru U-joints like crazy.

desertcarnage

Reaction score

desertcarnage

Reaction score
honestly, wheels probably wont be happening. i was just gonna shoot the stock steelies black and leave it alone. the more i think about it maybe i'll just drop the ass end enough to level it out. hell i don't know.

Last edited:

Bertiespeed

||*||CDNP 4 life
Reaction score
what about just going 2,4 then ? Thats what im going with eventually nothing to drastic and dont think u need to cut anything could be wrong tho I havent looked much in to it yet .