I push door lock button and dome light comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboyz1973

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 99 suburban obs, the door locks don't work properly. When I try to unlock or lock the door it seems like there is not enough power to lock or unlock doors,also the dome light comes n when I push the lock/unlock button..Any ideas?.I have looked at all the door switches and where wires go though cab and door all looks good no break in wires..Any suggestions???

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The motor that works the locks get week in time. As long as the battery is charged, this could be your issue. Is it just on one door ? As for the dome light, I;m not sure, but keep in mind that the dome light switches on the negative side, and not the positive side. There may be an issue with how much power the lock motor is pulling tripping the dome light switch, (like your security system ).

tommyboyz1973

Reaction score
All door locks are not In working order...push the button and you here all door locks try to work...today I dug deeper in the wiring hardness I must have moved some wires around, now the dome lights don't come on with press of lock button...but still door locks aren't working properly...I took out the keyless remote module and one of the circuit is burnt in the unit itself...but door locks still don't work...going to replace one door lock actuators and see...