I picked up a second truck to play with.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irfangnosis

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought my 2000 C3500 brand new and have tried to keep it nice. I daily drove it for 2 years, then stopped. It’s a gas hog and I generally use it when I need a truck. I am now sitting at 56K miles.
My 15 year old son wanted a manual trans Ranger, made a good argument for it and I relinquished. For the last few months, I have been helping him restore the little shitbox, and kinda enjoy the time and the work.
I got a wild hair and picked up the truck I wanted him to buy, a 98 C1500 W/T with V6 and a 5 speed. It was a plant truck and has even less miles on it than my one ton, but suffers from cosmetic and cheap trim level issues. Hoping to upgrade both of them and this site came up in my google searches.

Attachments

• obs1.jpg
    obs1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 16
  • obs2.jpg
    obs2.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 16

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought my 2000 C3500 brand new and have tried to keep it nice. I daily drove it for 2 years, then stopped. It’s a gas hog and I generally use it when I need a truck. I am now sitting at 56K miles.
My 15 year old son wanted a manual trans Ranger, made a good argument for it and I relinquished. For the last few months, I have been helping him restore the little shitbox, and kinda enjoy the time and the work.
I got a wild hair and picked up the truck I wanted him to buy, a 98 C1500 W/T with V6 and a 5 speed. It was a plant truck and has even less miles on it than my one ton, but suffers from cosmetic and cheap trim level issues. Hoping to upgrade both of them and this site came up in my google searches.
Welcome to the forum :burnout:

Irfangnosis

Reaction score
Welcome. Folks around here can help you with basically any problems you might stumble across.

And good news for the work truck. It can be upgraded to power everything, if that's the route you wanna go.

not really looking for all that. dont really want power door locks or AC, but wouldnt mind power windows. I really would like cruze control though. it would be nice on the freeway when hauling bikes.