I only have daylight running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jong69

Reaction score
I just bought a 1996 gmc jimmy yesterday after noon and by the time that I was on my home it was dark. I turned on the headlight switch all of the tail and marker lights and the dashboard lights all came on and works but I don’t have any high or low beam lights on either side. I just only have the daytime running lights. I took me nearly 2 hours to drive 50 miles do to not being able to see the road very well because the daytime running lights weren’t very bright. I’ve check the fuse panel on the left side under the dash and all the fuses were all good and I looked under the hood for a fuse panel but I didn’t find one anywhere. When I got home I took the lights out of my other jimmy that I know works but still no change. So I was hoping that I could get some help on where to look and start and if there’s another fuse or relay panel somewhere else

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The headlight switches themselves in the '95+ trucks are known to be problematic. They also have a tendency to burn the wiring harness and connector behind them when they fail. If the headlight switch in your other Jimmy is the same as the one in the truck with the issue, I'd try swapping them out. Take a good look at the wiring when you pull it out and make sure nothing is scorched.