I need a BMHM PROM Chip....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I read is good things about tbichips...now I say I bought something from him and suddenly, "oh no" and "that thief"....just...wonderful.

I told him what my PROM code was, should be pretty simple.

$100 bucks.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, we'll see. It fired right up, idled where it was supposed to for the 1st time ever...A solid 775-800 idle in or our of gear. Idle wasnt silky smooth but it was good.

I finally took it out and ran it...I found that it wont rev past about 2000 rpms in 2nd gear, unless I floor it, then it shifts to 1st and redlines hard. Seems like its running out of fuel, under load, over 2000rpms.

Ill put on a new FPR tomorrow, I know that one on its probably all original. Also new injector filters, gasket,s etc..

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would shoot him an email with the issues you are having and see what he has to say. then let us know what he said.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
All I read is good things about tbichips...now I say I bought something from him and suddenly, "oh no" and "that thief"....just...wonderful.

I told him what my PROM code was, should be pretty simple.

$100 bucks.

There is a lot of good info regarding his earlier work.. LATELY there has been an exceptional increase in complaints about his work. Like, a lot of complaints.
Have you checked your fuel pressure?

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Fuel pump, filter, and FPR....

Okay so...after discovering I indeed have the "high pressure" TBI...with the stiffer spring, I put in a new diaphragm, and cleaned the TBI up...fired it up, ran just as before...sluggish, but idled okay.

So, on a whim I put the BMHM back in, idled at 1000 but had full power up top...no sluggishness.

So...its the chip as best I can tell. He got the idle right..but the fuel trim seems way lean. If I slowly rev it up in park..it revs up to about 2000, then your foot continues to go down but the engine doesnt want to rev....then it finally revs up.

With the BMHM back in, it revs properly.