I need a BMHM PROM Chip....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a PROM chip for my 95 K3500, the code is BMHM...I cant find these anywhere, I just need a stock factory chip....any suggestions?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It appears that BMHM is the only 7.4l auto BIN for the '7427 PCM (my favorite of all the OBDI ECMs, the pokey 7747 with EBL is a close second)) so I'm guessing it's for the 95 in your sig.

BMHM is a $31 mask.

Bin file is available here: http://gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/

Armed with that info, you can either download tunerpro RT and grab a burner to make it yourself or hand the info over to a tuner and have them burn you a chip.

Great thing about doing it yourself is you can make the changes you want yourself and it's going to be under 200 bucks to be up and burning.

With a little bit of research and learning, you can "tune" your truck yourself. It's really not that hard, you just have to wade in there and do it.

Proms were somewhere around 150 bucks from GM last time I checked but that was years and years ago...

cheers

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what any of that means, beyond it is the only 454/Auto BIN...

My computer probably wont do any of that stuff, its old and I just use it for looking for parts and stuff, and forums....

Ive called some tuners and no one wants to mess with "an old TBI truck computer"...saying the focus on F body cars and mustangs, and modern muscle cars.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I dont know what any of that means, beyond it is the only 454/Auto BIN...

My computer probably wont do any of that stuff, its old and I just use it for looking for parts and stuff, and forums....

Ive called some tuners and no one wants to mess with "an old TBI truck computer"...saying the focus on F body cars and mustangs, and modern muscle cars.

If you're running xp or higher its good.

Tuners not wanting to mess with "old tbi stuff" is why most guys get in to it.

Once you get a chip burner, its as simple as popping the chip into the burner, selecting the right bin (in your case bhmh) and start.

Once its done it gets dropped into a modified prom holder and you're off.

Moates.net ad gearheadefi.com are good places to start if you're interested.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been in contact with MOATES, they said that with the problems im having, the mem/cal may have a physical problem, and would likely not react as desired with a burner/tuner, and if it did, it would still likely not operate properly. He said id be best suited to keep looking for a new memcal.

Question...

I have a good 5.7 memcal/prom chip from another vehicle. With a burner, could I possibly change this chip to 7.4/auto (BMHM specs?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ive been in contact with MOATES, they said that with the problems im having, the mem/cal may have a physical problem, and would likely not react as desired with a burner/tuner, and if it did, it would still likely not operate properly. He said id be best suited to keep looking for a new memcal.

Question...

I have a good 5.7 memcal/prom chip from another vehicle. With a burner, could I possibly change this chip to 7.4/auto (BMHM specs?

Yup, it should take the .bin file just fine.

Talk to Craig first though. It's been a while since I've messed with OBDI stuff....

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go to gearheadefi, create an account and contact eagle-mark. he can fix you up. he is the one that got my truck tuned in. just tell him what you need and if you have anything done to the truck that is non stock.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a Stock chip from tbichips.com a couple days ago, I gave up finding a used one..and GM was 0 help.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how much did that thief charge you? if you don't mind. i also hope he gives you the right one. he seams to have problems using the wrong bin.(i know this from experience he got me for over $400 and i was left with a truck i couldent drive)