I may have an addiction.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, finally an update. Spent my day off a few days ago replacing the wiper motor, getting the wiper arms properly adjusted, scavenging the cowl panel off the parts truck, a couple of screws, had one good washer nozzle off of each truck, and a few other piddly things.

Then today, went to replace the heater core, and broke the cover. Figured I'd just scavenge that off of the parts truck. Nope. Jack wagon previous owner siliconed it on. It's not coming off. Then I managed to break the stud off of the heater box that holds the heater core in place. And I have no super glue at home. So I get to deal with that tomorrow before work. Yay.

Dravec

Reaction score
Managed to get some JB WELD plastic bonder from the closest AutoZone, got it mixed, and got the broke piece stuck back in there. Hoping it manages to cure, considering it's below freezing. It says it'll cure below 40, so I guess we'll see once I get home. Try to get this poor thing back together, and hopefully have her going for tomorrow. Since we have sleet currently, with snow coming.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Managed to get some JB WELD plastic bonder from the closest AutoZone, got it mixed, and got the broke piece stuck back in there. Hoping it manages to cure, considering it's below freezing. It says it'll cure below 40, so I guess we'll see once I get home. Try to get this poor thing back together, and hopefully have her going for tomorrow. Since we have sleet currently, with snow coming.
Yeah we're not getting snow down here but it's coming as close as College Station and Huntsville. Currently 43° with a feels like of 37° and starting to get foggy. My friend who's moving called me from Canyon Lake this morning and said it was 34° then at 11am.....

Dravec

Reaction score
So, it almost held. But right as I got it tight, it snapped again. Looks like I didn't have enough goop on it. So I mixed up another batch, and slathered it on there much heavier. It took less effort to get it to stick this time. And seemed to set up faster. So we'll let it cure today (again) and try again either tonight or tomorrow. The lower cover seems to have cured fairly decent, but it was inside the house where it was above 40 degrees. Hoping it holds decent enough to go back on once I get this heater core in. Tired of this chasing broken plastic stuff.

Dravec

Reaction score
Couple of cool pics from tonight. My truck. In the ice. With the heater core out. Still. Yay. :banghead:

But hey, the pics are neat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_211032.jpg
    IMG_20230131_211032.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230131_211217.jpg
    IMG_20230131_211217.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 15

Dravec

Reaction score
Heater core is installed, everything is buttoned up, she makes fantastic heat now, and she'll start defrosting in about 8 minutes at 25°F.

I also pulled the K&N FIPK intake kit and reset her to her proper and correct factory intake system. Had to try the K&N kit for towing, since the one I had on my old K3500 worked so good. But on the 350, it was a net loss. No extra power, and far less fuel mileage. Kinda odd to me that my old 454 truck gained a fair amount of power, and even a tiny bit of fuel mileage, and this 350 suffered in all aspects.

As soon as she defrosts a bit more, I'm gonna go for a small test drive.

Any chance anyone has the correct hold down nut for the small block intake to throttle body that they wouldn't mind selling?

Dravec

Reaction score
Ok. Went on a test drive, and now I have a new problem. Speedometer isn't registering. But the odometer is still counting. I'm thoroughly confused. Anyone have any advice on where to start?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Heater core is installed, everything is buttoned up, she makes fantastic heat now, and she'll start defrosting in about 8 minutes at 25°F.

I also pulled the K&N FIPK intake kit and reset her to her proper and correct factory intake system. Had to try the K&N kit for towing, since the one I had on my old K3500 worked so good. But on the 350, it was a net loss. No extra power, and far less fuel mileage. Kinda odd to me that my old 454 truck gained a fair amount of power, and even a tiny bit of fuel mileage, and this 350 suffered in all aspects.

As soon as she defrosts a bit more, I'm gonna go for a small test drive.

Any chance anyone has the correct hold down nut for the small block intake to throttle body that they wouldn't mind selling?
You mean the tall plastic wing nut thingy? I might have an extra one, I will have to look in my parts shelves at the shop this weekend.
Still supposed to be cold'n'rainy tomorrow, then Friday starts warming up some. 70s by Sunday,yay!