I may have an addiction.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If I were to drive to Amarillo, that's at like 3200 feet. Which honestly seems odd to me. But yeah, the Metroplex is relatively flat.
Except for that one hill on 620 eastbound, between Grand Prairie and Dallas. Westbound is a gentle grade, but that eastbound one is a widow maker. When we used to go up to DFW area for swap meets, nothing we drove liked that hill!(never got to try it in the big block Burb though, that'd probably have done it).

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, I'll try to remember to get pics posted tomorrow, but I just discovered that the parts truck has what appears to be a 130 amp alternator from a '00-'02 GMT800 with a 5.3 or a 6.0. Plug shape is exactly the same as the stock 105 amp unit. Anyone know if it's actually as easy as just swap and done? Or is there something I'm potentially missing? To be fair, it is approaching midnight. So it's completely possible I'm not seeing something.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also, can anyone explain to me how this truck, on the way down to pick up the other truck, running empty and in overdrive, at like 2400 RPM, just the 18 ft tandem axle trailer, got 10.23 mpg.

Then on the way back home, loaded down with an extended cab short bed K2500, and a few extra parts, running in 3rd gear, at a steady and constant 3100 RPM, absolutely howling, got 10.20 mpg???

I'm so very confused at that.

Big blocks are consistent pigs. Unless you haul some adult weight, then they'll properly down some fuel.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
So, I'll try to remember to get pics posted tomorrow, but I just discovered that the parts truck has what appears to be a 130 amp alternator from a '00-'02 GMT800 with a 5.3 or a 6.0. Plug shape is exactly the same as the stock 105 amp unit. Anyone know if it's actually as easy as just swap and done? Or is there something I'm potentially missing? To be fair, it is approaching midnight. So it's completely possible I'm not seeing something.

Sounds like you're talking about the AD244 swap. I did that on my big block at the same time I upgraded all the power wires/grounds (big 3). It was a direct bolt in for the big block mounts, I just had to change the pigtail since mine had the larger CS style alternator. I went with a NAPA brand new HD unit, it puts out stupid amps.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you're talking about the AD244 swap. I did that on my big block at the same time I upgraded all the power wires/grounds (big 3). It was a direct bolt in for the big block mounts, I just had to change the pigtail since mine had the larger CS style alternator. I went with a NAPA brand new HD unit, it puts out stupid amps.
One of the best mods I did to my truck imo; I dealt with a hellacious charging issue with mine but got it warrantied. Getting a new charge cable from Brian and throwing the new Odyssey in once everything is fixed