Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
snow tires and put some weight in back. if still no traction then your alignmen needs some work

I guess I have to mention it, now. On the way to work this morning, I got on the throttle around a right hand turn because traffic was PIS SING me off!@## Sure enough, the rear end broke loose and sent me spinning. Luckily, I have better reaction time and MUCH less panicking than most. I let off the throttle and counter steered. No brake pedal at all. That straightened it right out and I was still able to get around the slow F@!#$KS in front of me.

Now one thing I don't know is if it was ice on the road or just my vehicle that did that. Either way, no harm no foul and I still made it to work in one piece and on time.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I have to mention it, now. On the way to work this morning, I got on the throttle around a right hand turn because traffic was PIS SING me off!@## Sure enough, the rear end broke loose and sent me spinning. Luckily, I have better reaction time and MUCH less panicking than most. I let off the throttle and counter steered. No brake pedal at all. That straightened it right out and I was still able to get around the slow F@!#$KS in front of me.

Now one thing I don't know is if it was ice on the road or just my vehicle that did that. Either way, no harm no foul and I still made it to work in one piece and on time.
depending on your turn conditions you could have kept some throttle and then steered it outt. but that doesnt always work best
its a truck, got much weight in the back?

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The key point right there is "Don't Panic", sometimes a little gas and other times a little brake but little changes at a time to see what works. Every situation is different but Don't Panic.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The key point right there is "Don't Panic", sometimes a little gas and other times a little brake but little changes at a time to see what works. Every situation is different but Don't Panic.
my favorite was a road with no one on it one time in january a couple years ago, just decided to do a full pedal down stop in my buick
Thats when I learned my brake lines were not done 100% right because I managed to do a perfect 180 and ended up in the right lane even. I laughed so hard lol. Then i knew I cant let the ABS do its job but have to pump with it to not get the ass in front of me

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
depending on your turn conditions you could have kept some throttle and then steered it outt. but that doesnt always work best
its a truck, got much weight in the back?

Spare tire.... whatever a tow hitch weighs... not really.

EDIT: My travels took me to that same intersection today. There's still a huge chunk of ice and unmelted snow piled up on the inside corner of that 4 way intersection. It wasn't just me. There was definitely ice there that morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let me reiterate, hahaha I've driven a jeep Comanche on 33 in baja claws for 2 years with the 4wd blown out. Through mountain passes and gas flats. Don't get me wrong. It's fine if you know what you're doing. But like I said CUMBERSOOOOMMMMEEE. Also back to the splatter at hand... look what I found inside changing the shift solenoids

Reaction score
It explains the gratuitous amounts of sludge and glitter. Seems I've lost a good bit and that gasket is free floating. On a scale of 1 to BONED, how bad is it.. sooo imma button ol glizzabeth up and head to the tranny shop I imagine.. after I try to drive again duh

Attachments

• 20230101_081039.jpg
    20230101_081039.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230101_081016.jpg
    20230101_081016.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230101_080742.jpg
    20230101_080742.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
BTW I should have put in the title thread side-bars are ok. I like opinions. I dont see flex. It's important to know what leg people stand on before you start pissing on it. I got that parts truck for 400 bucks. It has a standard tranny in it and 2 motors one I've gotten a good start on going through. I just gotta read through the forums again and see which and what I need to to with the mass amounts of good parts I have. Between glizzabeth which is a 96, and the parts truck which is in better shape completely which is a 95 with a tranny and motor swap running tbi. The guy must have been building it for his ex. Because I even accidentally shorted him 40 bucks and I came back to give it and he said he didn't care. The friggin truck is ridiculously nice. The frame rails have all even been gone through and painted and oiled. It's no z71. And it's Frankenstein. I'm thinking..... 2 GMT400s. I aint giving up on glizzabeth you're crazy. Fuggin love that truck

Reaction score
Yes don't panic. And like the Hudson hornet said in cars the movie.. "you turn hard enough left. And you'll find yourself going right" safest bet is to drift it out often times. Luckily years of misspent youth in hot rods and ice racers has my drifting to a tact. And the funny thing is, best road vehicles to drift on a fresh pow day is long bed trucks hahaha

Reaction score
Alright guys. I have Glizzabeth back on the road. What actually happened was actually pretty hilarious. And my transmission pump and vane gates are hung in the transmission shop that's been running for 40 years. I defied science and he never saw anything like that. Its time. For story time. And the conclusion of this thread and I highly doubt anyone will have the odds i did. But maybe. Some guy out there will save some money. And so it begins. The final chapter (until next time) Of the no symptom loss of gears. And how I sent my 4l60e into orbit.