I kind of want a 3/4 ton...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamabound

Reaction score
i agree with those who suggest getting a 2500 vs upgrading the 1500. also agree with you being picky as i'm the same way. my only suggestion is to broaden your circle more than 200 miles and FB. i know many will disagree because of all the scammers on craigslist but as a buyer i have had good luck. many scammers appear to be popping up on FB nowadays as well. like you said they're out there, just have to keep looking & be ready when you find the one you want. just my .02 worth, good luck.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may be blasphemy, but I think I have settled on a NNBS that should be able to handle the duties...

2008 WT package, 5.3, 3.73, g80, factory tow package with external tranny cooler, 100k miles.

I think it is rated at either 8300 or 8500 max towing, should be able to handle a boat with ease and a decent size camper and gear.

You must be registered for see images attach

In 2007 I bought a new GMC Sierra like that, but mine was nicer. It was an ok truck. Not much of an improvement for towing though, if you ignore what they mfgers say and go by towing with it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Cars.com is where its at

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found this, talking to the guy and planning to look at it this weekend.

02 1500HD, 103k. Has the 6.0, 4l80e, not sure what rear end yet...

1500hd seems like a good mix of the 2500 and 1500.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Found this, talking to the guy and planning to look at it this weekend.

02 1500HD, 103k. Has the 6.0, 4l80e, not sure what rear end yet...

1500hd seems like a good mix of the 2500 and 1500.

It most likely just has the 14 bolt semi-floating rear axle, since it is just a 1500HD. I thought it wasn't until you got to the 2500HD it got a FF 14 bolt and the Duramax got a bigger FF 14 bolt rear end, which is what I would like to get for my truck in the future.

Back when I was looking for my first truck, I debated getting a 1500HD, they definitely catch my eye when I see one, just because there aren't a whole of them out there. I think you would be happy with that truck, and since it's got low miles, it should last you a long time!

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It most likely just has the 14 bolt semi-floating rear axle, since it is just a 1500HD. I thought it wasn't until you got to the 2500HD it got a FF 14 bolt and the Duramax got a bigger FF 14 bolt rear end, which is what I would like to get for my truck in the future.

Back when I was looking for my first truck, I debated getting a 1500HD, they definitely catch my eye when I see one, just because there aren't a whole of them out there. I think you would be happy with that truck, and since it's got low miles, it should last you a long time!

I think it fits exactly what i was looking for! It has the 14bolt SF, good catch!

He is working out of town, but his wife sent him this to send to me...