I have p0336 code need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2000 C2500 with the 5.7 vortec engine. It is currently throwing a p0336 code crankshaft position circuit "A" performance. I have replaced crank sensor 4 times thinking they gave me defective ones. Also the ignition coil, ICM, cam sensor, the three prong connector for the crank sensor. I have checked for power at all sensors. Load tested the crank sensor and ohmed the wire from crank to ECM. I have went so far to replace the ECM and have it tuned to delete the VATS. It is a rebuilt engine with little over 3,000 miles. A few months ago I went out to go start it and it fired and immediately shut off. After a few minutes of messing with it it finally fired up and ran like nothing ever happened. Well it happened again and I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail and it had 55psi key on engine off and 60psi while cranking and would fire then immediately stall and dropped back down to 55psi. So I ruled out fuel issue. This only happened when I tried starting it never while driving. Now whatever was making it fire and stall has now completely failed. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can assume the sensor, ECU, and connection between them are good. What else causes a CKP to throw a code? Maybe the chain jumped a tooth and it's out of time.
Also, I'd check every fuse. Probably a waste of time, but I've been bit before.

EDIT: oh crap, sorry for bumping an old thread o_O