I hate going to parts stores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check this out ... yesterday I put in an online order at O'Reilly's and they say it will be ready for pickup today at 10:30 AM. I go over at 2:30 PM and they tell me it isn't ready and to come back after 5pm. 5 minutes after I got home, I got an email from them that it was ready.
Could be worse. You could have bought a part on scamazon on Saturday that said it would arrive Sunday (through their delivery service) - because you needed it Tuesday morning. Sunday morning they update the delivery date to Tuesday :( and sure enough, Sunday and Monday have come and gone, and the damn thing arrives Tuesday night around 10PM.

This is not the first time this has happened and it's making me seriously question the value of my Prime membership..

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It’s extremely rare I even buy parts at local auto parts store, other than occasional fluids, cleaners. small ticket items. Although, I did get my Spectra radiator from Advance Auto.

Same here.... even to the point of buying a Sprectra Premium part from Advance. It was my gas tank, and I ordered it online from them, and had it shipped to me, However.

For awhile, with as many coupon codes as I was getting for Advance, I wondered if they were trying to reclaim some of the business that Rockauto is now getting. Unfortunetly, with my vehicles being a bit less common and therefore parts in less demand, they often don't have what I'm after.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
For me, it depends heavily on the store. Local napa's aren't bad as well as the advance (recently rebranded from carquest) warehouse. The usual advance stores and autozones i try to avoid primarily to dodge a headache unless i have the p/n in hand or its fluids bulbs, etc.

As a bonus, napa is about 7 miles away from me and all local guys that love vehicles. They've occasionally loaned me personal tools and even their hydraulic brake line flare tool when I've needed. That alone earns my loyalty and willingness to spend a little extra to support them.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check this out ... yesterday I put in an online order at O'Reilly's and they say it will be ready for pickup today at 10:30 AM. I go over at 2:30 PM and they tell me it isn't ready and to come back after 5pm. 5 minutes after I got home, I got an email from them that it was ready.
Every time I have ordered online through Oreilly’s website it quotes a time that it will be ready for pickup, but the order confirmation email contains verbiage stating that you’ll get an email when it’s ready and to please have that email when you come to get your order. I always have given it 2-3 hours beyond the time I was quoted, not having received an email saying your order is ready and just go to the store. Every time, the parts have been there sitting in the back and just not processed through their system. I have had the same experience at 3 different stores around me and never was told to come back later. That would have ticked me off to get that email right after getting home.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Every time I have ordered online through Oreilly’s website it quotes a time that it will be ready for pickup, but the order confirmation email contains verbiage stating that you’ll get an email when it’s ready and to please have that email when you come to get your order. I always have given it 2-3 hours beyond the time I was quoted, not having received an email saying your order is ready and just go to the store. Every time, the parts have been there sitting in the back and just not processed through their system. I have had the same experience at 3 different stores around me and never was told to come back later. That would have ticked me off to get that email right after getting home.
Kinda like ordering pizza on the Little Caesars app, and then they don't have it ready and in the system so you get the email that it's ready (so you can quickly go in and get your food, which is the point of having the app in the first place!).