I had a local body shop put a later style bumper on my truck and it looks nice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Is that from a GMT900? I've never seen a K2XX (2014+) truck that didn't have the little shin buster corner step thingys...not sure what they are called.

I have seen K2XX rear bumpers on GMT900 trucks a few times around here.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks factory, especially with those led taillights. Classic case of retro design lol.
Thank you very much. And I saw the plow truck at work I got inspired on the rear bumper the plow truck was a 2014 I believe maybe 2011. Try remember exactly. I saw how the bumper wrapped around the rear. Hey it wrapped around the rear of the bed more protection for the bed.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks good! Is that from a GMT900? I've never seen a K2XX (2014+) truck that didn't have the little shin buster corner step thingys...not sure what they are called.

I have seen K2XX rear bumpers on GMT900 trucks a few times around here.
Yes those toe steps ( my name for them) are on the 2014-18 trucks. I used them on my cousin's 2015 Silverado, not quite as useful as you'd think. Hard to get your balance, stepping on these. Guess they're more for getting in and out of the bed....
The ones on the current Silverado are bigger and deeper, so maybe a lot of people had a similar experience.

RCSB_jonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes those toe steps ( my name for them) are on the 2014-18 trucks. I used them on my cousin's 2015 Silverado, not quite as useful as you'd think. Hard to get your balance, stepping on these. Guess they're more for getting in and out of the bed....
The ones on the current Silverado are bigger and deeper, so maybe a lot of people had a similar experience.
Thank you very much. And I saw the plow truck at work I got inspired on the rear bumper the plow truck was a 2014 I believe maybe 2011. Try remember exactly. I saw how the bumper wrapped around the rear. Hey it wrapped around the rear of the bed more protection for the bed.

Was the plow truck n HD? I believe those switched styles a year later, so it could be from a 2014 HD which would be the same style as a 2007-2013 1500.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've motivated me to contact my local body shop (they've been "on retainer" with me for the last 30yrs or so, did my '68 Firebird in the process) and ask them to scrounge-up a bumper / perform the install on my Suburban.
Probably the 1st suburban with that kind of bumper. And it would look slick as snot. Can't wait to see it to be honest I think you could order a bumper off of the Amazon more money for Jeff lol