I finally found me another GMT400!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my son ‘99 K1500 a few months back, and ever since then, it’s taken me back to the past and had me wanting another one. I’ve had several GMT’s over years, but I haven’t had one in over 10 years. I’ve been low key looking for one, and I stumbled across a ‘91 6 lug K2500 this weekend, and decided to go get this evening. The guy I bought it from bought from the original owner, and the only thing he was put a set of 15 x 8 rally wheels on it. The truck is totally stock - from the factory exhaust to the stock (working) radio and cassette deck.

The paint is down to the primer in spots on the hood and roof, and besides a dent at the bottom of the passenger side door, the body is very straight and completely solid. There is no rust anywhere. I’m planning on fixing/replacing the door and get a new paint job. I’ve always loved white trucks, so I love the color.

The interior is surprisingly nice for a 32 year old truck. All the seats are nice, the headliner is great shape, and dash is in good shape except the infamous broken peg on the glove box door. The carpet is a little dirty, but not terrible. The door panels are nice, except the passenger is off. The PO had it off because the pass side window wasn’t working (it is the switch).
You must be registered for see images attach

P*rno red interior!

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet rig! Still has the factory flat grill too! I would paint the rally’s silver and drive it till the wheels fall off. Great score!
Looks like a great buy!! What's the story with the dent on the bottom of the extended cab rocker?

Any plans to change out the wheels or going to roll like it is?

Sweet rig! Still has the factory flat grill too! I would paint the rally’s silver and drive it till the wheels fall off. Great score!

I think I’m going to do what 95burban suggested, and paint the rallys silver and go with new caps and trim rings. I might go with the factory style fender flares, but if I do, I’d want them body colored white.

I love the look of the early trucks. I like the flat grill and will buy a new one for it. I’ve also always been a sucker for a white truck with the red interior.