I figured I'd introduce myself :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually mistakenly posted some updates about this truck in another thread (HERE) after making some inquiries about the reproduction carpet/mats/seat covers.

Here is the jist of what I posted as being updated in my truck over there:

It looks like the seat covers are for sure NLA, so I would have to score some minty used/old stock seats if I wanted or needed to repair them.

I finally found some replacement seal belts - they're not perfect, but now you can't see the steel cables.
(part 2 of today's update)

I did find some replacement seat belts which were the same style as mine (namely lacking the black tops which identify the belts with the different width male ends);
My original belts had two differences;
1) they had a "Bedix" logo/name on the back side - these replacements have a square box about the same size as the original in which the Bendix name is, but it's blank.
2) one of the female ends at the drivers side pair had a two wire plug which was probably a belt minder.
On this second point, I did notice that this wire inside the buckle was frayed and split on my belt, so it was an open circuit - hopefully this replacement set won't cause any dash light to kick in... if so, I'll figure out a solution.

These belts had the colour matched sleeves almost perfectly in tact - to prevent any further wear till I figure out a permanent solution, I tucked the ends back into the buckle, then wrapped some electrical tape at the top to hopefully prevent any further fraying.

I now need to figure out how to pop these buckles apart so that I can look into hopefully properly fixing my original belt buckles.

You must be registered for see images attach

/\ In this picture you can see the black wire lead that I believe is for the belt minder - as well as the main reason I wanted to find replacements - the steel cables are a little unsightly.

Here's the Bedix logo that is present on my original belts.

Note the lack of a Bendix logo, and the fact that the steel belt cables are completely out of sight.

I also grabbed a replacement seat hinge/catch mechanism, and found it was actually different than the one in my truck;
Mine 99% of the time wouldn't lock, and if no one was sitting on the passenger side, it would flop forward when braking.
I ended up simply reinstalling the original parts with the original outside washer removed so that the seat pretty much would stay locked all the time - I can loosen the bolt to make it release, and I consider this compromise a better solution than it flopping all the time.

If someone can help me understand the "voodoo magic" that is these weighted hinges, I'm all ears...

About the carpets/mats;
ACC offers replacement carpet and floor mats for our trucks, and have four colours of red, in two carpet styles;
I received a sample packet and confirmed that my truck uses their 'cutpile' #4305 to be a dead ringer for what my truck has.
I couldn't find any images of their replacement carpeted mats from several online searches, or from ACC themselves (!!??) - I was only offered a (terrible IMHO) cartoony image.

I went ahead and ordered both a carpet and floor mats.
I went into this assuming that the mats were somewhat generic, so that I (hopefully) wouldn't be too disappointed when they arrived.

Here's what I got.

first, my original mats (both measure from about 2" from the bottom, and 1" from the top - which is where the curved corners mate to the more or less straight side edges):

Drivers/left side

top: 17" wide
bottom: 19-1/4" wide
length: 26-3/4" tall

Passenger/right side
top: 15-3/4" wide
bottom: 17-7/8" wide
length: 26-7/8" tall

ACC mats (at a glance they both appear to be the same size and shape; they are true rectangles with rounded corners, but are different widths):

Drivers/left (unmarked)
20-1/8" wide x 29" tall

Passenger/right (unmarked)
18-7/8" wide x 29" tall

The following pictures are shared so that anyone ordering them after me knows what to expect - but on the off chance anyone at ACC sees this, it would be an opportune moment to fix your product - at nearly $100 for the pair, I would think that they could be a bit better.

Here are the ACC mats, with the passenger (narrower) mat ontop of the drivers (wider) mat (bottom edges are aligned):

Here is the drivers side original carpeted mat ontop of the ACC mat to show the difference:

Here is the passenger side original carpeted mat ontop of the ACC mat to show the difference:

I will update this thread again when I can get some side by side images of the carpet.