I figured I'd introduce myself :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a thread that suggests that fifty posts might be needed to attain this status, and to date, the rate of activity here has been directly proportional to my frequency of postings;
It also suggested I need to wait thirty days;
But it looks like I should be far past thirty days - can someone help me out by clearly making this understandable
FWIU it's 60 days or 50 posts?

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm... imho that's rather silly.
I'll check to see if I can tell how many posts I have made to date - but I suspect it would be a far cry from where I need to be, to ask for help how I had hoped to.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
hmm... imho that's rather silly.
I'll check to see if I can tell how many posts I have made to date - but I suspect it would be a far cry from where I need to be, to ask for help how I had hoped to.

It's mainly to keep new accounts from spamming/scamming the classified section. Pro tip, go check out the chat thread in the Lounge section. You can rack up 30 more posts in there pretty quickly talking about nothing in particular.

ht89

Reaction score
full

There is, was or should've been a counter-part patch of velcro on the inside matting surface of the outer bezel trim piece.

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since Rich reminded me about this thread, I figured that I could update it.
Since I last posted, I replaced the multi-function switch, and accidentally disengaged the lights switch... which I have yet to remedy.
I also purchased a replacement bumper and installed it.

Out with the old (it was so much worse looking with the slip covers off!!

full

And in with the new!!

full

The only hiccups I had were while doing the job, I wanted all new hardware;
The replacement bolts used a smaller head than OE, and the stickler I am, I will want to fix this.
Also, the bumper uses two cage nuts, one per side - those got destroyed... and I was unable to source replacements of any kind locally... so two bolts are missing.

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a nice conversation with Rich, who apparently is the owner of 'Pure Stock Restorations' (LINK), and the source from which I cited production numbers.

What I did not know was that he was the guy who worked with VDS Decal (LINK) to create the 1992 Sport truck decals that I ordered!!
He told me that between some NOS decals he bought, and taking measurements of the originals, he had several back and fourths with VDS Decal to get them just right.

I don't think I've spoken to a gent before who had this degree of enthusiasm for these Sport Trucks!
I seem to be a kindred spirit with him regarding keeping these trucks stock, which would explain why I have no plans on changing the factory deck, or making any visual alterations from stock while I am it's caretaker.

I do believe that I neglected to mention in my prior posts that this past summer I ended up carefully removing all of the vintage alarm system - save for the decals and activation light.
My cousin was quite disappointed to hear that I was going to do this, as he apparently paid to have it fixed... even though he had it disconnected!
I remember many times when this truck was newer that my grandfather would be scolded by family because the alarm sensitivity was too high, and it was going off in the carport again!

I ended up also finding a 100% correct replacement dash insert (the silver one which surrounds the gauges, and has the headlamp switch attached to it);
It seems that there were at least three versions of this part, and the most common ones have an opening for a switch for a cab lamp ect.
I also bought a spare set of wheels, purely because they had great tires attached to them. Now that the old wheels and tires are off, I can freely admit that the old ones were a little on the sketchy side of things. The wheels I bought came with the later (smooth) caps, and even though I like those, I won't be putting them on my truck.

Rich also gave me pointers on where to look and clean, regaurding spots that collect debris/mud ect and never really dry out, that's great information for me to have;
I don't daily this truck, but I also don't treat it like a high end collector vehicle;
We drive it like it was driven by my grandfather, uncle, and cousin's before me... we use it sparingly as a secondary vehicle, a really handy/fun one with a box, and 4 wheel drive.