I build transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody need a transmission? I can build to your needs. Rebuild yours or build one for you. I’m not cheap but I don’t compromise on quality. Specializing in 4L60E, 700R4, Turbo 350, 400 and Powerglide. Reply or pm me for a quote.

highwaystar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm near ya, north miss., may hit ya up when my 4L60E starts skipping. So far it's still going strong with 290k miles. I've changed the fluid many times. Replaced the tailshaft bushing and rear seal and gear shift seal. What internal "upgrades" would ya do? Thanks, Robert.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! May be helpful to state additional information such as your location and if you need the entire vehicle at your disposal, or if you do shipped units, carry-outs, core charges, etc.

What is typically replaced on a rebuild? Aside from any obvious damaged hard part?

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm near ya, north miss., may hit ya up when my 4L60E starts skipping. So far it's still going strong with 290k miles. I've changed the fluid many times. Replaced the tailshaft bushing and rear seal and gear shift seal. What internal "upgrades" would ya do? Thanks, Robert.
Great! I’m in Shelby County in Southwest Tennessee near Memphis. 290k miles is a real testimonial for servicing a transmission. I prefer at this time to do carry outs due to limited space. I work at my home as a sideline since I’m 68 years old and I don’t have a lift. Lying under these vehicles is getting harder . In reference to what I put inside the transmissions, I’m assuming you are referring to the 4L60E or 700 r4. I’ll base this reply on that. 1st thing to emphasize is that I will not cheapen a build. Therefore my prices are a reflection of that. All units will receive all new clutches, band, seals, gaskets, a shift kit based on application, bushings, hardened sun shell, wide forward sprag, dual cage front sprag, pump rebuild kit, upgraded accumulator pistons and other updates to internals that are proven to improve longevity. I will not use stock overdrive clutch configurations. I only use heavy duty clutch packs that vary with the application. For pricing out a transmission based on your needs you can email me at [email protected]. At this time I can’t put an advertised exact price on a build due to rapid price changes and individual requirements. If I can quote per requirement I can customize to what you want and need much cheaper than a standardized price which would be more expensive in order to cover myself. I’m a regular guy trying to supplement my retirement with skills that I have gained over a 43 year period.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! May be helpful to state additional information such as your location and if you need the entire vehicle at your disposal, or if you do shipped units, carry-outs, core charges, etc.

What is typically replaced on a rebuild? Aside from any obvious damaged hard part?
Please refer to my previous reply. I do much more than average shops on my basic rebuild. I much prefer to quote per job.