Hydroboost question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drilled a hole higher up the pedal and made my vacuum pedal work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to use my factory vacuum booster pedal. I just ground off the factory mount, drilled a hole above it and welded it back on. The goal was to stick with everything factory so if it failed, it’s a simple trip to the Autoparts store. This is not a hard swap to do. The most difficult part is removing and reinstalling the pedal. Not a ton of clearance for your hands.

You don’t need to use the hydroboost pedal if you can’t find it. I read that as long as the pedal and hydroboost matched, they could be installed in any year gmt400 truck. The 94 2500 hydroboost pedal does not install into my 98 k1500. Drilling the pedal is no big deal. The 94 hydroboost will bolt up to my stock 98 vacuum pedal, but the angle is not correct and it makes the brake pedal really stiff and too high. Drilling and relocating the mount for the pushrod fixes this. I did the whole swap in about 4 hours.

My truck stops amazing now! I deleted my ABS so I can’t comment on How it would stop with the stock ABS unit. Make sure if anyone does this to also install the 3/4 ton calipers. I don’t think you can run the low drag calipers with the 3/4 ton conventional master cylinder. I didn’t even bother trying. I just matched up everything. Now I have throw you through the windshield brakes!

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I deleted my ABS too but used TBI brake lines to mate it all up. I used a single brass fitting to adapt it to the TBI prop valve.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used a T fitting to connect the front brakes together and a adjustable proportioning valve for the rear.

Pychokenny

Reaction score
I have thought about this for my 99 Escalade since I have a 95 k1500 6.5 setting around and I'm going to be adding a power steering cooler anyways.

glock20

Reaction score
Bump

Working on a SAS on a 97 k1500 and while I'm changing all the brakes I'm doing hydroboost too

Anyone take pics of their stock pedal modified?

Is there a precise amount to move the pushrod mount? Or just eyeball it where the pushrod is level once the hydroboost is installed?

thanks